TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Job Role:||Milk Collection Center Manager|
|Job Role:||Full Time|
|Duty Station||F.C.T – Abuja|
|Effective Start Date||As soon as possible|
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF ENGAGEMENT
The Milk Collection Center Manager is responsible for procuring and handling large volumes of
milk from many individual milk producers, first level testing of the milk and ensuring that the milk
is stored in a manner that is safe and avoids spillage or spoilage.
SCOPE OF WORK AND KEY TASKS
- To manage collection of milk from the aggregators/dairy farmers.
- To oversee movement of raw milk from the farm to the factory.
- Sensitize farmers on quality and price of milk.
- Handle all procurement procedures and ensure high quality raw milk is purchased.
- Set us systems of milk purchasing and inventory management.
- Advice on standard operating procedures at the milk collection centre.
- Ensure timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of raw milk.
- Coordinate all activities involved in milk purchasing and milk aggregation.
- Prepare reports on raw milk movements and other operational logistics issues.
- Continually improve systems, policies and procedures, and identify existing problems, and
anticipate future ones.
- Maintain milk suppliers’ database.
- Work with relevant government agencies to ensure alignment with priorities, as well as to
reach out to the farmers’ communities.
- Build alliance and coordinate partnership with local agri-focused organisations with significant
extension network to help with farmer mobilization and buy-in.
- Monitor, identify and advice on challenges and risks facing the implementation of the project.
- Contribute to dissemination of good practice and lessons from the organisation’s work and
promote experience sharing and learning in the organisation and among partners.
- Other activities that are required by the Management.
The personnel will report to the Programme Director.
MILK COLLECTION CENTER MANAGER COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Candidates wishing to apply for this assignment should be resident in Gwagwalada, Abuja.
• Must be able to speak Hausa language fluently.
• At least a first degree or its equivalent in Animal Science, Dairy Science or any related
discipline/filed of study.
• Minimum of 2years working/practical experience (candidates who possess this have
added advantage) in a milk collection/dairy unit.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th November 2021
at 12Noon. Applications received after this time will not be opened or considered.
Your application should detail:
- A cover page;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Please quote “Application for MCC Manager” and your name in the subject line of your